Kitter Double Sieve Tray Set With Hood For Cats
- Designed specifically for use with wood pellet litter
- This system allows the litter to be regularly “turned over” with fresh litter always being added to the top.
- The tray is made up of two parts, - a solid based bottom tray, and a top sieve tray, that allows the soiled litter to be shaken through and caught by the solid based tray.
- It will extend the period of use for each kilogram of litter, as a lesser amount of wet litter will be removed and replaced at each litter change
- Odour from the litter box is further reduced because the soiled litter is separated from the fresh litter every day
- Removes the need to do complete daily litter box changes
- Any fine litter particles will drop down into the base tray, so there is no tracking of dusty litter out of the tray onto your floors
- The litter tray will retain its fresh, just changed look, for longer.
- Made from durable plastic, with a smooth surface finish, for easy cleaning
- Each tray is approximately 345 mm wide x 440 mm high x 125 mm deep
- Provides privacy for your cat, while helping to stop those accidents that can end up on the floor !
- The hood sits down inside the rim of the litter tray, so misdirected urine can run down into the litter tray, rather than over the edge of the tray
- Helps to prevent litter spills from the tray
- Convenient handle for easy removal and placement of the hood on and off the tray
- Made from durable plastic
- Suitable for most cats
Hood Dimensions (approx.)
- Width (when sitting inside the tray):33cm
- Length (when sitting inside the tray): 42cm
- Height (that it sits above the litter box): 30cm
- Bottom lip length (sits inside the edge of the litter box): 4cm
Hood Door Way Dimensions (approx.)
- Bottom Width: 19cm
- Top Width: 16cm
- Height: 20cm
Setting Up the Tray
- Put approximately 2 cm depth of Kitter in the top sieve tray
- Put a small amount ( 2 – 3 handfuls) of Kitter in the solid base tray
- Sit the sieve tray on top of the solid base tray, and the litter tray is ready for use.
- When the top litter tray has been soiled, remove the solid waste with a scoop, then shake the tray to allow the liquid waste soiled litter to pass through the sieve into the solid base tray below.
- Remove the top sieve layer from the tray
- Discard all used litter from the solid base tray and clean
- If needed, after cleaning, the solid base tray can be treated with a urine odour removal product, before Kitter is added to the tray
- Add a small amount of Kitter from the top sieve tray to the solid base tray
- Add 1 – 2 scoops of Kitter to the top sieve tray
- Sit the sieve tray on top of the solid base tray, and the litter tray is ready for use again
- Do every 2 – 3 weeks, or more frequently if needed
- Discard all litter from both trays and clean
- After cleaning, the trays can be treated with a urine odour removal product, before Kitter is added to the trays
- Set up as previously directed
The effectiveness and lasting qualities, of a tray of any cat litter, can be maximised by:
- Feeding premium, highly digestible, quality cat diets which reduce the volume of waste produced by your cat
- Regularly removing portions of soiled waste from the litter tray using a litter scoop