Drontal Allwormer For Dogs Medium 3-10kg
An oral tablet for the treatment and control of all 12 gastrointestinal worms in dogs and the shedding of Giardia cysts
Each Tablet Contains:
50mg PRAZIQUANTEL, 49.8mg PYRANTEL as PYRANTEL EMBONATE, 250mg FEBANTEL
For the Treatment and Control of:
- Roundworms: Toxocara canis, Toxacaris leonine
- Hookworms: Ancylostoma caninum, Ancylostoma braziliense, Ancylostoma ceylanicum, Uncinaria stenocephala
- Whipworm: Trichuris vulpis
- Tapeworm: Echinococcus granulosus (hydatid tapeworm), Dipylidium caninum (common flea tapeworm), Taenia spp. Taenia ovis, T. pisiformis, T. hydatigena
- Controls shedding of cysts of the protozoan Giardia spp.
- Does NOT control heartworm
- Presented as a small round tablet
- Easy to administer - feed directly or mix in with your dog’s food
- Gentle, effective control of gastrointestinal worms
- May be given safely to all dogs
- 1 tablet treats up to 10kg bodyweight
- Not recommended for dogs in the 1st or 2nd stage of pregnancy. The use of Drontal in the 3rd trimester should be based on an assessment by a veterinarian
- Do not give to puppies under 2 weeks of age
- This medication should not be given to animals allergic to the ingredients
- May be combined with other treatments, for example heartworm prevention, flea and tick treatment
Directions for Use
- Weigh puppies/dogs before dosing
- Fasting prior to dosing is not necessary
- Give an individual measured dose, by mouth, to each dog
- Dogs become reinfested with worms from larvae and eggs in their living environment, so dosing will need to be repeated through the entire life of the dog.
- If worm problems persist, consult a veterinarian.
- 1 tablet treats up to 10 kg of dog bodyweight
1.5 – 2.5 kg
2.6 – 5 kg
5.1 – 10 kg
Over 10 kg
Dose by weight with the appropriate combination of tablets
- Give an individual measured dose at 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12 weeks of age.
- Then give an individual measured dose at 16, 20 and 24 weeks of age.
- After 6 months of age, give an individual measured dose every 3 months.
- In environments where whipworm or hydatid tapeworm infestation is heavy, an individual measured dose should be given every 6 weeks.
- Treat breeding bitches prior to mating then 10 days before whelping and 2 and 4 weeks after whelping.
Active Constituents per tablet:
- Praziquantel 50 mg
- Febantel 250 mg and
- Pyrantel (Embonate) 49.8mg