Aristopet No Scratch Spray For Cats 125ml
Train your cat to use a scratching post instead of the furniture!
- Specially formulated to discourage your cat from destructive scratching behaviour.
- Helps you protect your furniture and carpets
- Contains a blend of essential oils that discourage cats from scratching the treated area.
- Has a mild odour, which humans find pleasant, but cats dislike .
- Low toxicity herbal formula
To deter the cat from scratching:
- Hold spray 15 – 20 cm away from the area to be treated
- Spray generously
- Repeat application every 12 – 24 hours until cat stops scratching that area
- Before applying to fabric, leather and carpet, test on an inconspicuous area for colour fastness and staining
To teach your cat to scratch elsewhere:
- It is recommended to use a cat scratching post in conjunction with No Scratch Spray, to allow your cat to fulfill its natural instinct and need to scratch and claw.
- Start by placing the scratching post as close as possible to the item you want to stop your cat scratching.
- Apply No Scratch Spray to the area you want the cat to not scratch
- Spraying the post with cat nip can help to increase the cat’s attraction to the post
- Once your cat starts using the scratching post, gradually move the post (over a period of days) to a more desirable position, while continuing to apply the No Scratch Spray to the item you are trying to protect from scratching
- Deterring and retraining the cat will be more difficult for some scratching behaviours than others.