FREE SHIPPING WITH ORDERS OVER $49* Check postcode
My Cart (no item)

Orders dispatched in 1-2 business days

COVID-19 Delivery Delays
  1. Select your pet's favourite products
  2. Select “Auto Delivery” and choose how often you want your items delivered
  3. Once the order is placed, your Auto Delivery will be dispatched every few weeks, based on your chosen frequency!
  4. Learn More
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Diabetic Special Loaf Canned Wet Dog Food 410gm x 12
  • Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Diabetic Special Loaf Canned Wet Dog Food 410gm x 12
  • Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Diabetic Special Loaf Canned Wet Dog Food 410gm x 12

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Diabetic Special Loaf Canned Wet Dog Food 410gm x 12

RCPD
    1. ?
    2. Further 20%On First Auto Delivery
    Add To Cart

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Diabetic Special Loaf Canned Wet Dog Food Is Scientifically Formulated For Dogs With Diabetes Mellitus To Help Manage Glucomodulation

It is recommended that a veterinarian's opinion be sought before and during the use of this product in order to determine the needs of your dog.

  • Formulated for adult dogs with Diabetes Mellitus to help manage glucomodulation    
  • To be fed under veterinary supervision for the nutritional management of post-prandial blood glucose in diabetic dogs   
  • Cereals of low glycaemic index, with the gelling action of psyllium mucilages, aid in balancing blood glucose
  • High protein content to help maintain lean muscle mass and limits a high blood glucose spike after eating, slower release of glucose into the blood stream
  • Low in carbohydrate and starch to control blood glucose and insulin
  • Reduced calorie content helps limit weight gain and maintain ideal body weight; minimising insulin resistance associated with being overweight
  • S/O Index – the clinically proven formula creates an unfavourable environment for the creation of calcium oxalate and struvite in the urine 

Indications – may be prescribed to nutritionally manage:

  • Diabetes Mellitus and a Body Condition Score (BCS) ≤ 6/9
  • Diabetes Mellitus and a BCS ≥ 7/9, until glycaemic control

Contraindications: 

  • Pregnancy
  • Lactation
  • Growth

Ingredients

  • Meat and animal derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, cereals, oils and fats, minerals.

Additives (per kg)

  • Nutritional additives: Vitamin D3: 180 IU, E1 (Iron): 3mg, E2 (Iodine): 0.3mg, E4 (Copper): 2mg, E5(Manganese): 1mg, E6(Zinc): 10mg

 

Analytical Constituents

  • Protein: 9%, Fat content: 4%, Crude ash: 1.5%, Crude fibres: 2.4%, Moisture: 79%, Essential fatty acids: 0.9%, Total sugars: 0.7%, Starch: 1.6%.  Sources of carbohydrates: maize-rice.

 

Metabolisable Energy

82 kcal/100g, 819kcal/kg

Feeding Guide

  • Always provide fresh drinking water for your dog
  • In the management of Diabetes Mellitus, it is recommended to keep the type of food and daily rationing as consistent as possible
  • Ask your veterinarian for further advice

 

Dog Weight

Weight Condition

 

Thin

Normal

Overweight

5kg

1 ¼

1

1

10kg

2

1 ¾

1 ½

20kg

3 ½

3

2 ¾

30kg

4 ¾

4 ¼

3 ¾

40kg

6

5 ¼

4 ½

^Don't Pay refers to the recommended retail price as supplied by the manufacturer. Our advertised price is regularly lower than the RRP. Where an RRP has not been supplied, the retail price for the equivalent product(s) as seen on the website of major Australian retailers in the last 30 days.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Product Reviews

BE THE FIRST TO GIVE YOUR REVIEW

Please Login to submit your product review.

Update Product CLOSE X
 
 
 
 
*Email SMS Phone  
Email:*